Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I Want to Eat that Burger!

One of the topics I am finding hard to read about is the subject of food entitlement. Maybe because it doesn’t exist and is something I made up.

Now, I may even be using that term incorrectly but in reality it fits what I'm talking about and what I am experiencing.

Food entitlement

My definition: The dieters ability to feel that they are entitled to have food that they want to eat.

One of the things that I have noticed about being on this diet is I now want things that I never wanted before I started to eat healthy and watch my weight. I mean I am not a sweet eater. But now I walk past the bakery at the grocery store and want that chocolate cake. Not just a slice but the whole thing.  I can't even tell you the last time I had chocolate cake or wanted it.

I love fish. But now I don't even want to look at it and it isn't as if I am eating it anymore than I did prior to eating healthy. I always have fish two or three times a week. However the other day I craved a steak. I'm not a big steak fan. I had about 2 ounces of it and had enough.

So what is causing this? I can only believe that it is a mental thing. There is nothing different about what I am eating, I am just eating less of it. And I am exercising more. No, wait, I am now exercising instead of the only exercise being popping my food in my mouth as I work in front of my computer.

I have even found a way to enjoy my toasted bologna sandwiches.

Another definition of food entitlement is what my diet buddy is experiencing. She loves her cheese, and her soda pop. And feels at times why can't she have those. I believe she can, and actually has been really good about moderating her bad eating habits. But she, like me is just craving them. I'd love to hear why this is.

Yes I want to know why that inner voice is screaming, "Give me that cheeseburger. Why can't I have that juicy cheeseburger!"

It makes no sense especially since I hate cheese, and really ever eat cheeseburgers.

I trudge on, Constantly looking for snacks that will satisfy those cravings.

Day nine complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment