Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Misery Loves Company

The My Fitness Pal App is a godsend and a curse. Dieting is a lonely life, hence why I did what anyone would do, dragged my friend into the fray with me.

I have known her for forty plus years and she and I both have increased our weight over the years. Although she argues with me that she’s the biggest she has ever been, I don’t see it.

Because we are friends, we both love our food, who better to diet with?

I introduced her to the app. At first I told her she would get obsessive with it. She disagreed, but I see it happening to her. She is checking calories.

“Don’t go that Sheetz Mocha,” she said. “You won’t believe the calories in that.”

It makes me happy that she is doing this with me. I am certain, together, we are gonna crush this. Although I don’t think this summer we will rock a bikini bod … wait, rewind. While we are in the same age bracket as Demi Moore, unlike her we will never ‘wear’ a bikini again. However, a bathing suit isn’t out of the question as a goal for next summer.

Tess (we’ll call her) is a mere four days behind me. Her first day wasn’t as successful as she liked, and she argued food entitlement (Subject for the next blog) and the second day she did better. The third day even better. We both went out and  bought healthy snacks.

Yesterday I bought hummus and a few low sodium lean cuisines for low cal goodies I would otherwise have to pass on.

My lunch on Monday of a grilled chicken mini wrap and tabbouli salad left a lot to be desired. The small lean steak for dinner with broccoli was much better.

Yeah, btw I went there. I went to McDonald’s, the grandbabies were crying for Happy Meals. But at least I didn’t get my Big Mac. That to me was a milestone.


I keep trucking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment